Whitepapers, Questionnaires, Presentations, Handbooks and more.
Sales Tax Nexus Questionnaire
Determine Sales Tax Nexus. Understanding sales tax nexus can be challenging and confusing. One of the most common mistakes is applying income tax nexus rules to sales tax nexus. Generally speaking, sales tax has a much lower threshold for nexus creation than income tax. Download this questionnaire to identify those specific activities that create sales tax nexus including:
- Traveling Sales Reps
- Trade Shows
- Service Calls
Download Sales Tax Nexus Questionnaire
Sales Presentation: Tax and Regulatory Implications for VoIP Service Providers
Get real-time calculations of telecom taxes in more than 10,000 jurisdictions.
Ensure the accuracy of your tax calculations, reduce risk, cut costs and sales valuable time with CorpSystem SureTax Telecom, the most robust, real-time, accurate tax calculation solution designed specifically for the telecommunications industry. SureTax easily adjusts to your evolving products and services, and can be customized to meet jurisdiction or industry specific nuances.
Download Tax and Regulatory Implications for VoIP Service Providers
A Handbook of Sales Tax Issues
“A Handbook of Sales Tax Issues” is authored by TaxConnex Partner, Brian Greer, and is directed to the small and mid-market business community.
The uniqueness of this series is that it is written for the lay person that doesn’t speak ‘sales tax’. It’s designed for the accounting professional who has had sales tax dropped on their desk or the tax person that has been newly appointed to sales tax.
Download A Handbook of Sales Tax Issues
White Paper: Five Steps to Sales Tax Compliance
For new or existing companies, this guide details a proven approach to sales tax compliance. Topics include:
• Sales tax nexus determinatioTaxabilityExposure calculationGo-forward strategyImplementation
Download Five Steps to Sales Tax Compliance
White Paper: Five Activities That Create Sales Tax Nexus
Companies frequently engage in sales tax nexus creating activities without realizing it. This paper details five ways that companies may inadvertently create sales tax nexus and how to avoid the issue:
- Do you make internet sales?
- Do you have affiliate relationships with out-of-state companies?
- Do your sales representatives travel outside your home state?
- Do you engage in trade shows outside your home state?
- Do you have employees or agents that perform services on your behalf outside of your home state?
Download Five Activities That Create Sales Tax Nexus
White Paper: Ten Steps to Telecom Tax Compliance
For companies launching a new telecom service or attempting to get their arms around their tax and regulatory requirements for their existing business, this is a must have guide. Discover this proven approach to telecom tax compliance, topics include:
- Federal and State regulatory requirements
- State and Local sales tax obligations
- Selecting a billing system
- Choosing a tax calculation software or service
- Registering with applicable authorities
Download Ten Steps to Telecom Tax Compliance
White Paper: Voluntary Disclosure Agreements
Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDA's) can be an effective tool in mitigating prior period sales tax exposure. This white paper will outline the steps and factors that should be part of any decision to pursue a VDA including:
- Determine sales tax nexus
- Review taxabilty of products and services
- Estimate the amount of sales tax exposure
- Evaulate mitigation options
- Understand the benefits of an anonymous filing
Download Voluntary Disclosure White Paper
White Paper: Tips To Survive a Sales Tax Audit
Understanding the audit process is critical to your ability to minimize your audit risk and liability. This guide will outline the steps you should take prior to an audit notification, suggest ways to manage the audit process, and explain the options available to you at the conclusion of the audit, including:
- How companies are selected for audits
- Tips for managing the relationship with your auditor
- How to document your exempt sales
- Suggestions to negotiate the gray areas
Download Tips to Survive a Sales Tax Audit
The Small and Mid-size Business Guide to Getting Sales Tax Right
Sales tax doesn't have to be overwhelming but it's far from simple. This guide will cover some key items to understand including:
- Sales tax calculation software/service
- Sales tax nexus
- Taxability of products and services
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDA's)
- Sales tax registrations
Download The Small and Mid-size Business Guide to Getting Sales Tax Right
Presentation: VoIP Tax Workshop
The VoIP Tax Workshop was held at the ISPAmerica 2012 conference in Orlando, FL at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort at Walt Disney World® on March 27, 2012.
The workshop addressed sales tax nexus, taxability of VoIP services, quantifying and remediating prior period exposure, and registering and filing VoIP tax returns.
To download the complete set of slides, fill out the information below. The slides are approximately 6.5MB so they will take several seconds to download...be patient.
Download VoIP Tax Workshop
White Paper: Sales Tax Outsourcing - Framing the Decision
When looking to outsource their sales tax compliance process, a company's decision should be hinged on the nature of compliance support the company requires. This white paper will help you make the sales tax outsourcing decision. Topics in this whitepaper include:
- Discussion of the two major sales and use tax outsourcing models;
- Comparison of the key characteristics of each; and
- List of simple criteria to determine the approach that is best for your company
Download Sales Tax Outsourcing - Framing the Decision
Webinar: Cloud Communications Alliance
This webinar was presented to the Cloud Communications Alliance and covers tax and regulatory fee issues, challenges and opportunities facing Cloud Computing and VoIP service providers. Join a panel of experts as they delve into tax and regulatory compliance questions and address the following topics:
Taxes, Fees, Nexus, Assessability, Registration, Calculation, Reporting, and Amnesty.
See Webinar: Cloud Communications Alliance