Understanding sales tax permits
You’ve learned what states you have nexus in and you know where your products/services are taxable....
Sales tax can be complicated if you don't understand what needs to be determined first. You will need to determine where you have nexus, what products/services are taxable, when to register for a sales tax permit, how to manage ongoing sales tax compliance, and much more. Luckily for you, we are experts when it comes to all these factors. These two webinars explain the fundamentals of sales tax so you can understand what is required of you to comply with state and local sales tax.
Sales Tax 101
Key takeaways from this webinar:
- Determining sales tax nexus
- Learning about South Dakota vs. Wayfair case
- Identifying taxability of products/services
- When to register for sales tax purposes
Sales Tax 102
Key Takeaways from this webinar:
- Estimating and mitigating prior period sales tax exposure
- Establishing a compliance process for sales tax
- Managing ongoing requirements for sales tax compliance
- Jeff Meigs & Brian Greer - TaxConnex