5 Steps to Avoid Sales Tax Risk with M&A
As part of the financial terms of any potential transaction, you’re likely looking at the ratio of...
Once your business establishes nexus, you become responsible for collecting and remit ting sales tax. That'd be pretty straightforward if it weren't for the 10,800+ taxing jurisdictions across the US.
If you have a sales tax obligation and are not complying, your business is at risk.
In this white paper, we will look into what that risk may be and the implications it could have on your business, including:
· What’s the potential cost of non-compliance regarding sales and use taxes?
· Are states auditing more?
· How do I get flagged for audit?
· How do I prepare for an audit – or avoid one in the first place?
· What should I tell employees about an audit?
· How much time does an audit take?
· What can I expect from the auditor themselves?