Understanding sales tax permits
You’ve learned what states you have nexus in and you know where your products/services are taxable....
Sales and use tax is often low on the list of priorities for businesses, and thus not a main focus of many Accounting Practices and Firms. But the complexities and risk surrounding sales tax can cause a real issue for your client if not managed properly. In this webinar, TaxConnex shares some of the triggering events businesses experience that could cause a need to evaluate their sales tax obligations, how you can approach and review your current clients to identify need before a triggering event and steps to ensure on-going compliance.
Key takeaways from this webinar:
- Identify activities and circumstances that trigger sales tax risk, exposure, and obligations
- Explore why sales tax matters with real world case studies
- Evaluate mitigation strategies for sales tax exposure
- Discover what ongoing sales tax compliance entails (When – what - how)
- Jeff Meigs & Brian Greer - TaxConnex