The South Carolina Department of Revenue launched a new website recently. While a new DOR website may not be BIG news outside the sales and use tax compliance industry, this is a great step for taxpayers! Although South Carolina’s upgrades may not provide the benefits that Arizona is incorporating into their “Transaction Tax Simplification” project (for more details on the Arizona Transaction Tax Simplification project see my previous posting); certainly we can all agree that anything to enhance the South Carolina e-filing experience is a benefit!
The new and improved website was rolled out on December 19th, 2014 and provides users a new look, and a new way to access the information they need. South Carolina promised a more user-friendly platform with easy navigation for all taxpayer needs.
- An audience-focused approach to organizing information to provide a customized user experience
- An advanced search function to quickly find what you need
- A fresh, inviting look with well-structured navigation
- A rededication to timeliness so you can be sure that you have the latest news and information
- A responsive, mobile friendly design so you can access the information you need anytime, anywhere
It looks like South Carolina will continue to enhance their website and filings over time, as all e-Services will function as they do today, however, additional improvements are being discussed.
While the updating of a website is hardly exciting for some, those of us in the industry have seen what improvements to a website can do and the time it can save for our monthly processing and reporting.