We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions. Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code. The ideal candidate is a resourceful and innovative developer with versatility to support all IT needs for a small and growing company. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to work on a broad spectrum of IT projects and systems.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to support the O365 Exchange, Active Directory and SharePoint platforms as well as manage information security.
Key Functional Areas:
Application development/system engineer –
- Experience in the layout, design and coding of systems with PHP 7.
- Knowledge of web application development using the PHP programming language with PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter) and MySQL databases.
- Awareness of Ext JS (Java Script framework) and ability to learn to code in java script
- This position will work closely with the Senior Engineer and development lead for an internal system built on a LAMP stack.
- Develop and manage SharePoint intranet and extranet environments
Manage and support Azure Active Directory and Office365 Exchange with knowledge of PowerShell scripts
Monitor and manage information security activities including intrusion detection, malware, phishing, and data loss protection.
Support the build out of business intelligence systems
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements, and new development as required.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Support internal systems at front-end and back-end, but primarily focused on back-end activities
- Work in a data analyst role and with business intelligence applications
- Document features, technical specifications & infrastructure responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally to convert business needs into technical specifications
- Monitor and manage information security
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in web development and software design with PHP
- Experience with Office 365/Exchange, Azure Active Directory, and Sharepoint a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is a plus
Critical Company Competencies:
In additional to the above noted functional skills and position requirements, TaxConnex focuses on behavioral competencies to drive our culture, company and individual success. A few of these competencies most relevant to working at TaxConnex are:
- A strong “client-first” mentality
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire characterized by personal initiative and deep commitment
- Willing to roll-up their sleeves and do what is necessary to grow and delight clients
- Proactive with a high sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical reasoning with the ability to learn, process information, and solve problems
- Communicates thoughts clearly and effectively, verbally and written. Listening skills to interpret both the verbal and non-verbal messages
- Delivers on performance goals and is consistent in meeting client commitments
- Makes efficient use of resources and time and follows internal processes
- Teamwork - Develops and fosters effective relationships within and across teams to achieve results in an environment of mutual respect
To inquire about the position, submit your resume to email@example.com