Trying to understand the tax and regulatory implications of your VoIP business?
VoIP is no longer considered a nascent technology that requires protection from policymakers, the “tax man”, or regulators. This primer is designed to provide you the background information and necessary understanding of how the VoIP industry is being taxed and regulated.
The following topics are included:
- Differences between Fixed and Nomadic VoIP
- Precedents for increased tax burdens and regulation
- Discussion of Federal vs. State regulation
- The applicability of “telecommunications taxes” on VoIP providers
- Review of 911 fees
- Pending legislation that will impact how VoIP services are treated